SIJ’s Christmas Gift List – Top 10 Surf Gifts
As there are only five days left until Christmas, I wanted to give you a recap of SIJ’s Christmas List as well as one last gift idea!
1. The Tool – The Tool is a stainless steel allen wrench, standard and phillips screw drivers, a lanyard that can double as a leash hook (for one of those days) and a wax comb all in one. It can change any fin system in the market. Your surfer won’t want to head to their local break without it.
2. The GoPro HD Surf HERO Camera – The ultimate surf camera attaches to the front of your board snapping still shots or taking video!
3. Hyperflex Surf Booties – It’s cold out there, and it’s likely that your surfer needs a new pair of booties.
4. The California Surf Project, Surf Diary – The story of two surfers who quit their jobs, pack their boards and travel down the California coast.
5. The Aviator Nation Surfer Hoodie – Um…just the best. hoodie. ever. With a surfer on the front, of course.
6. Kiehl’s Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse – My favorite conditioner for the surf-hair-condition.
7. The Lodown Surf Watch by Nixon – This sweet surf watch has pre-programmed tide information for over 200 beaches until 2020.
8. The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean – This book examines and explores giant, rogue waves with both scientists and tow-surfers (i.e. Laird Hamilton).
9. The Endless Summer DVD – Classic Surf Film. Have to have it.
10. A Whistle from Falling Whistles – Falling Whistles is a campaign for peace in Congo, and the organization sells unique, whistle necklaces to both build awareness and rehabilitate the lives of war-affected kids in the region.
Also, if you just want to grab some stocking stuffers, your surfer can always use more surf wax!